HELLO AND WELCOME

Thanks for dropping by.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Being Inspired

Years ago I read a life changing book called The Artists Way by Julia Cameron and one of her suggestions for re-fuelling our creative tanks was to have regular "Artists Dates".  That's not exactly what I did this week, but I did have two days out visiting with family, shopping and just generally browsing.  The effect was similar, however, and I have come back to the workroom with my head bursting with new ideas!  Yah!  I just cant wait to get back on the torch and convert some of those mind pictures into form.
 I stayed with my darling big sister and we spent some really special time together.  She took me to a new cafe in Nelson, situated in an old historic house on the Nelson foothills called Melrose House.  We had lunch there, served on beautiful china and drank an artisan tea from a gorgeous tea pot in china cups.  Not only was the food amazing, but the staging and setting are to die for! 
I had a fresh fish cake - YUM!
Jane had Chicken Liver Pate with Toasted Walnut Bread and Caramelised Onion Relish
  We've decided that we will take our little sister there when she comes to visit next month. - oops!  Did I let the cat out of the bag?  Was it to be a birthday surprise? Maybe the treat will be magnified by anticipation!
There's a tea wagon loaded with cups, fresh flowers and a gorgeous old garden to wander

1 comment:

Stitchbird said...

Reading your post and looking at your photos I was jealous and thought I so want to be there! So am definitely looking forward to my trip to Nelson in April :0)