How was your week? It seems that Mother Nature has been busy creating havoc in lots of parts of the world, with storms and bushfires in the United States and floods in Australia. I hope you were all safe.
1. Just apropos of nothing I got an envelope full of love and glitter from one of my sisters! A hug in the post! Photographing the envelope, complete with its stamp made me think how little we use the regular postal service these days, but how very special it is to get really personal mail. I have made a “note to self” (a regular occurrence) to send more personal mail!
2. I’m excited about the Website Sale – I’m offering 20% discount on absolutely everything on my website – it’s been fun to hear from old friends and new. You have until the end of the month to shop, but it’s probably a good idea to get in before the pieces you have your eye on are gone.
A little reminder of how to do it...Just sign up for my email newsletter on the "News" page , then select your pieces, proceed to the checkout and enter BUYBEADS in the discount code box. Simple!
3. I’ve finished some lovely work this week – I made the Chakra Lotus Flower Necklace and bracelets that I showed you earlier in the week, and I have finished a red and grey necklace for someone and am in the middle of the design process of another two necklaces for people – one orange and red and the other of brown based CanCans. This is when I think I have the best job in the world!
.4. There has been the most amazing full moon this week. I love a full moon – I know that some people find them unsettling, but I feel enlivened and in touch with the elements when the moon shows all her glory.
5. I had a small brainstorming session this week with the fabulous local artist, Robin Slow. I just love his work – he paints using kokowai (paints mixed from ground local stone used in traditional Maori art), soot and acrylic paint and his beautiful earthy toned artworks have a distinctly Maori flavor.
Here’s a little taster, but if you want to see more go to www.kokowaiartist.co.nz
I’ve been looking at symbols, talismans and amulets lately and thinking about the things that are of my world and that I understand. I learnt so much in that short time!
|This is the symbol for Aroha - the Maori word for love|
6. The poinsettia plant that grows outside our bedroom window is flowering madly, despite being hacked down at ground level last summer because it scratches against the wall when it blows around. It was planted as a pot plant after Christmas one year and just grew and grew, till now it becomes a large shrub every year. I’m not a big fan of them, but how can you not love something so vigorous?
Inspired by Liv Lane's Bliss List.